Friday, February 17, 2023

What I unearthed

 


1 Corinthians 12:31

King James Version

31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: 

and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.


What have I found, as I "unearthed" self?

What have I found, as I searched for the "core" of my being?

What have I found, as I searched for ABSOLUTE truth?

All these, I aspired to on 24 November 2018.

That's 51 months ago.

GOD made me born again 41 months ago.

And the 10 months in between?

Ah, that's where the waiting happened.

Why this proclivity for numbers?

So I can keep track.

And I think GOD likes that.

That we pay attention.

Ideally, to EVERYTHING.

What we think, say, and do.

What others think, say, and do.

Looking for patterns.

Looking for an order to it all.

Only finding out, as born again, that what GOD thinks, says, and does, is all that matters.


In 2018, I merely searched for the "core" of my being.

What was I made of?

What was I good at?

What did GOD create me for?

What work was I cut out for?

What was absolute truth?

I was like a very hungry kitten.

Wanting to devour all milk on sight.

Again, GOD likes that.

He likes the hungry heart.

He knows it's not just cerebral.

He knows my heart's waking up.

He knows my mind will make sense of it all.

And organize it into some order, that I may share with you.

He knew all that.

He knew what I'm all about.

He knew what I was up to.

He let me be.

So I may find my way about.

I listened to my soul, every single moment.

Through dreams, work, people, clues, prompts.

I just didn't know it will take another five months to cement my resolve:

To sin no more.


With that resolve "cemented", GOD finally "showed up" on 6 September 2019.

He made me born again.

My life has gone forward, spiritually, since.

There was no more talk about money, debt, income.

All I cared about was getting to the CORE of GOD's TRUTH.

That's how it progressed.

From self, to GOD.

Everything became for His purpose.

1 Timothy 2:4

King James Version

4 Who will have all men to be saved, 

and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.


Based on His timing.

2 Peter 3:8

King James Version

8 But, beloved, 

be not ignorant of this one thing, 

that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, 

and a thousand years as one day.


ALL for His Son, JESUS.

Colossians 1:16-20

King James Version

16 For by him were all things created, 

that are in heaven, and that are in earth, 

visible and invisible, 

whether they be thrones, or dominions, 

or principalities, or powers: 

all things were created by him, 

and for him:

17 And he is before all things, 

and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: 

who is the beginning, 

the firstborn from the dead; 

that in all things he might have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father 

that in him should all fulness dwell;

20 And, 

having made peace through the blood of his cross, 

by him to reconcile all things unto himself; 

by him, I say, 

whether they be things in earth, 

or things in heaven.


The world whittled away in comparison.

JESUS was all that mattered.

Without Him, we can do nothing.

John 15:5

King James Version

5 I am the vine, 

ye are the branches: 

He that abideth in me,

 and I in him, 

the same bringeth forth much fruit:

 for without me ye can do nothing.


When you know all these, as born again, how can we ever stray from the LORD?

Hebrews 10:26

King James Version

26 For if we sin wilfully after 

that we have received the knowledge of the truth, 

there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,


Scripture's got everything covered.

It was the book I only need learn from.

For the blood of JESUS covers His faithful.

1 John 1:7

King James Version

7 But if we walk in the light, 

as he is in the light, 

we have fellowship one with another, 

and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son 

cleanseth us from all sin.


And JESUS is the WORD of GOD.

Revelation 19:11-13

King James Version

11 And I saw heaven opened, 

and behold a white horse; 

and he that sat upon him 

was called Faithful and True, 

and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, 

and on his head were many crowns; 

and he had a name written, 

that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture 

dipped in blood: 

and his name is called The Word of God.


It's all these wonderful clues, and connections, that please my soul.

Enjoying every moment with GOD.

Being instructed by His SPIRIT.

Being heard by JESUS.

Being given an answer.

Sharing with you my findings.

I pray to JESUS, whenever I have a question.

Or when I seek clarity about a verse.

It all becomes so easy when you have SPIRIT in you.

It's a gift from heaven that I shall always be grateful for.

Thanks to the LORD JESUS.

He prayed to the Father, that we may receive the gift.

John 14:16-17

King James Version

16 And I will pray the Father, 

and he shall give you another Comforter,

that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; 

whom the world cannot receive, 

because it seeth him not, 

neither knoweth him: 

but ye know him; 

for he dwelleth with you, 

and shall be in you.


Surely, GOD took pity on this persistent soul.

All those decades of searching.

Scouring all other books, but His Bible.

He knew I'd come around.

And when I did, He also knew I'd be forever His.

It was all predestined.

Ephesians 1:5

King James Version

5 Having predestinated us 

unto the adoption of children 

by Jesus Christ to himself, 

according to the good pleasure of his will,


I finally found ultimate truth.

JESUS, JESUS, JESUS.


Everything I've unearthed so far, you'll find here:

GOD's GLORY blogs

GOD's GLORY articles

BORN AGAIN classics


I say "so far", for the Bible is rich with GOD's truth.

So much so, that apostle John declared this:

John 21:25

King James Version

25 And there are also many other things 

which Jesus did, 

the which, if they should be written every one, 

I suppose that even the world itself 

could not contain the books that should be written. 

Amen.


Thank you for making time here.

The process may be long.

The process may be short.

Searching for self, is searching for the GOD within.

Even if you don't know that, in the beginning.

I didn't.

All I did, was take it a step at a time.

A day at a time.

Searching, praying, waiting, listening, watching.

Until GOD made me born again in 2019.

Then all things became clear.

That's pretty much the "archaeological" process for me.

It's all so worth it.

This trying to find truth.

Whether it's personal truth.

Or the world's truth.

It's a process.

A journey.

An adventure.

Go through the process GOD allotted for you.

And the learning will stick.

It's always GOD's WILL anyway.

That was a lesson shown by JESUS Himself.

John 6:38

King James Version

38 For I came down from heaven, 

not to do mine own will, 

but the will of him that sent me.


Shown the day He prayed to GOD.

The very same day He was betrayed.

And yet, all He thought about was GOD.

And us.

John 17:5-9

King James Version

5 And now, O Father, 

glorify thou me with thine own self 

with the glory which I had with thee 

before the world was.

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men 

which thou gavest me out of the world: 

thine they were, 

and thou gavest them me; 

and they have kept thy word.

7 Now they have known that all things 

whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

8 For I have given unto them 

the words which thou gavest me; 

and they have received them, 

and have known surely that I came out from thee, 

and they have believed that thou didst send me.

9 I pray for them: 

I pray not for the world, 

but for them which thou hast given me; 

for they are thine.


Image: Clipart Library