Monday, December 6, 2021

The JOY of the LORD

 

Hosea 6:6

King James Version

6 For I desired mercy, 

and not sacrifice; 

and the knowledge of God 

more than burnt offerings.


Does anyone care to know, what pleases God?

I thought about that this morning.

I had been deep in my grief for 52 days now, after my baby sis passed away.

Searching Scripture for comfort, I came upon this verse, with the curious, catchy phrase a few days ago:

Nehemiah 8:10

King James Version

10 Then he said unto them, 

Go your way, 

eat the fat, 

and drink the sweet, 

and send portions unto them 

for whom nothing is prepared: 

for this day is holy unto our Lord: 

neither be ye sorry; 

for the joy of the Lord 

is your strength.


And I thought to myself, what was the "joy of the Lord"?

For if I found it, then I'd be able to derive strength from it.

It will surely help, as I mourn.

Looking deeper into it, I found these articles Spirit and I have written the past years, which answered my own question:

What GOD Looks For

Something God Likes

Why Did God Create Man?

What Does Jesus Want Us to Do?

How Does JESUS Wish to be LOVED?

What does the LORD require of us?

HOW to KNOW the WILL of GOD

JESUS as the FOUNDATION of Our Life, Home, and Work

The BORN AGAIN heart

WALKING in the SPIRIT

The ONE, TRUE GOD

REPENTANCE


In contrast, it's also good to know what displeases God, so we may know where we need to be corrected by SPIRIT, and be perfect in the eyes of GOD.

What are ABOMINATIONS to GOD?

Things To Get Rid of In Your House Right Now

AWARENESS of sin


When you think of GOD, you think less of self.

And that's where healing will begin.

I thank JESUS, and the HOLY SPIRIT, for this wonderful gift.