Thursday, May 6, 2021

The EDUCATION we NEED to have

 

Nothing is ever wasted;

it's all foundation.


Ever liked school?

What are your thoughts about school?

Parents are adamant we go to school.

It's for our future, they say.

They work real hard, so we won't be marginalized.

Maybe, they suffered that, that's why.


First time in school, we get nervous.

Are people gonna be kind?

Can we still play?

As the years go by, we warm up to it.

We even start enjoying the new stuff we get -- new pad paper, pencils, crayons, sharpeners, erasers, bag, lunch.

We sniff the aromatic erasers, oily crayons, new pad papers, even the lead on our Mongol pencils.

One would think they're teaching us to be bloodhounds in school.

Not so.

Maybe, it's also my way to like school -- getting the new stuff, and all that.


We get to know other kids, and make new friends.

Some like us; some don't.

We get a taste of how life is outside of our homes.

Teachers are either kind, strict, tired, or bored.

We go through the whole process for the first two decades of our lives.

More, if we pursue higher learning.


As we get older, the questions begin:

Does education ensure a better future?

Do we become better people for it?

Did we learn relevant stuff?

Is it everything people told us about?

Is it everything we expected?

Is it at all necessary?

Is education exciting?

Are schools exciting?

Do we really learn?

What did we learn?


I got a B.S., eventually.

Nope, it's not THAT B.S.

It was hard-earned B.S. in Architecture.

Five, long years.

Taught me cool stuff.

Knowledge was transferred into many other jobs I did.

Influenced the way I thought, wrote, taught, conducted myself.

Precision became key.


What about you?

What did you take up?

Did you finish?

Did you like school?

Were you able to go to school?

What did your parents think of school?

Did they have an education, too?

What is education to you?

Were people kind?

Would you have your kids go to school?

What would you want them to take up?

Would they have a say in it?

How has the world changed?

Did schools evolve, to go along with that change?

Are schools getting better?

Are kids still interested in school?

What are kids interested in, now?

Do your kids listen to you?

Do your students listen to you?

Do you like listening to your professors?

What could be better taught?

What's missing?


Since this is a blog on God, I shall talk about what's missing.

GOD.

Because I got into Catholic schools, naturally, I was taught doctrine throughout.

We also studied "world religions".

Then when I got to travel a bit, I saw that for myself.

Art, culture, religion, commerce.

More new stuff.

Did studies of my own, searching for something elusive.

I wanted God's TRUTH.

Was the Bible HIS Truth?

Was the Bible complete?

Did people leave out stuff?

Did the translators get it right?

I do have a lot of questions, don't I?


Well, as a graduate of Architecture, I worked as a journalist (astounding, isn't it), thus, the questions.

Became editor, lecturer, entrepreneur, and too many other jobs in between.

What was I doing, doing all that?

Educating myself.

Loved studying, you know.

School taught you one thing.

Life taught you another.

It's up to us to sift the wheat, from the chaff.

The essential, from the non-essential.

Did you get to do that, too?

Was it a pleasant experience for you?

Or you could barely talk about it?

Did you get the education you need?

Was life kind?

Or was it harsh?

Were you kind?

Or were you harsh?


School. Life. God. 

Teachers, parents, siblings, friends, Jesus, the Holy Spirit in the midst.

Where does one get the best education, ever?

I must say it's from the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD.

Jesus promised:

John 14:26

King James Version

26 But the Comforter, 

which is the Holy Ghost, 

whom the Father will send in my name, 

he shall teach you all things, 

and bring all things to your remembrance, 

whatsoever I have said unto you.


When God made me born again - only He could convert me, btw -- I headed for the Bible.

Threw away ALL other books I'd been studying.

The HOLY SPIRIT filled that missing link.

The best teacher is the ONE who breathed life into us.

Genesis 2:7

King James Version

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, 

and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; 

and man became a living soul.


Finally, I knew what life meant.

I knew what I was on earth for.

I knew whom to follow.

I knew what to believe.

I knew who to trust.

I knew what to teach.

My education is complete.

I just await my Teacher, who I will meet up in the air, in a changed body.

But first, I need to be sanctified.

Of all the world's dross.

Can't meet my ultimate teacher as I am.

There's still stuff to do.

I'm on it.