Friday, December 7, 2018

The Secret to True Communications


It has been and will forever be.

The secret to true communications is "listening".


Take that further and we can say the priceless secret to true communications is "listening with the heart".

Listen with your whole being.

You can tell if people are just tolerating you when they sort of listen but they're not really interested in what you're sharing. They're more intent on speaking or don't really get what you're all about. And possibly, it doesn't matter much to them.

And oftentimes, those who really have a lot to say don't get listened to, only because they're basically quiet, non-invasive, highly-sensitive, and shy.

That's why a lot of people end up in the nut house. These are the forgotten people. They never get to share their wisdom -- drowned in all the world's cacophony.

People don't listen to them, make fun of them, think they're weird, think they're crazy, think they're of no value, just have them along for the ride, and even ridicule them.

But there's a very strong possibility these "forgotten people" may make more sense than we seemingly-normal people do.

Of course, they can't tell us anything anymore because they've gone off the far edge from our neglect and ridicule. This profound and touching movie I saw a few days ago will show you a very good example.


I honestly believe EVERYONE's an interesting person for we are all children of God. And if I had the time and space in the world, I'd listen to ALL of you. Maybe I can still do that. I'd listen to your stories, to what made you who you are, to everything you had to go through, your joys and your pain. I'd listen to your dreams. I'd make it easy for you. Because no one made it easy for me, but I can do it for you. I have it in my heart to do so. That's my dream and my reality. It's my mission. By the Grace of God, I will be able to pull it off.

It takes great heart and sensitivity to be able to "detect" what people truly need. It takes all the listening with our hearts that we can muster. If we can do that, we'd all learn a lot from each other and all our lives will be transformed beautifully.

Interestingly, there's that word "detect" in "detective". Like a good sleuth, you have to find out what people really need or want by listening to them. Oftentimes, the key is in what they're not saying. Coax them to verbalize it.

That's how we can communicate better. Let's listen with our whole being to who people are, what they are, what they have to say. 

I've even trained myself to listen to those who cannot speak. I live and breathe it every single day. They test our love, care, attention, and compassion.

The eyes speak much. So do the hands, the face, the voice, the smile, the inflection, the tone, the person's whole countenance, the things they do, and the things they don't do.


Everything actually speaks for you before you even open your mouth.

The only question, has been, have we been listening?

Do we know the message behind the words, the laughter, the tears, the joys, the sorrows, and all that sharing?

Do we listen with our heart?

Do we listen with our whole being?

Do we listen with the God in us?

You will love all the things you will learn just by listening that way.

And your life will be forever changed because you made time and realized what  mattered most. You will be grateful for everything.

Make time to listen to others now and really listen with your whole heart now.

You don't need a stethoscope.


Updated 21 January 2022