Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Digging Up the Soul

10 For we are his workmanship, 
created in Christ Jesus unto good works, 
which God hath before ordained 
that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 2:10 
King James Version


With the heart of a tickled, expectant child, I sought out to dig my soul, the core of my being, on 24 November 2018.

I had no idea I was in for a BIG surprise.

All I knew was that I dearly wanted to know everything that I am, whatever it may be.

In the process, digging up one's soul probably exceeds any earthly, archaeological dig, for I truly found the CORE of my being, that which engaged my heart and mind for decades.

As a kid, I'd read most everything I could find at home.

And when my soul sought more, I looked towards libraries, fun psychological "tests" from magazines, even astrology for the day, or listened to older people.

I just knew I was in search of self.

And one day, that day in November 2018, I created this blog you're reading now, intent on the exercise.

What did I find nearly 20 months later?

CHRIST.

I found He was the CORE of my being, the "Way, the Truth, and the Life", that no one comes to the FATHER, except "through Him".

That without Christ, we are nothing.

Sure, Catholicism taught me that the LORD gave up His life, taking on our sins, so we may be saved.

But the IMMENSITY of it didn't really sink in -- until I "conducted" my own self-research, from the depths of my heart and being.

Oh my, what magnificent discoveries showed up!

Such as the ONLY reference for such a search would have to be SCRIPTURE!

When I started reading the Bible in September last year, my whole life radically changed.

I cannot be the "old" me anymore.

I had to be born in Spirit, thus, I chose to become born again on the spot, a day before my birthday last year.

The timing was PERFECT, just as God deemed it for me.

Jesus left us with the Holy Spirit so we may find our way back to Him.

SPIRIT was to be our Teacher and Advocate.

Jesus was not about to leave us bereft of His divine presence.

He knew what our hearts were made of.

We could easily get lost along the way.

CHRIST was our Road Map.

No one could enter the gates of heaven, except through Him, the Son of God.

Everything we are belongs to God.

It only made sense, after my many discoveries through Scripture, that I offer my life back to God, my CREATOR.

Surprise, after surprise, showed up.  

I am living testimony of what it means to seek God.

You end up knowing about CHRIST.

The learning and "connections" are magnificent, leaving you in awe each time.

Like I'm writing this post for you, me, and God today, and yet He opens another layer to it, revealing that EXACTLY a year from the creation of this blog, 22 books on spiritual warfare started streaming forth from my heart.

Of course, God wasn't finished yet.

Two more books, this time just on Jesus, showed up. 

When you work closely with God, intent on only getting things right in your heart about Him, He will ASTOUND you with many blessings, discoveries, and a network of connections that will blow your mind.

No school can teach you that.

No school can teach you about God.

No school can teach you what work you should do.

Only the Holy Spirit of God, the TEACHER of All Things, can teach you what your soul needs to know. 

26 But the Comforter, 
which is the Holy Ghost, 
whom the Father will send in my name, 
he shall teach you all things, 
and bring all things to your remembrance, 
whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 14:26 
King James Version


What happens when you start learning, really really learning?

Well, self falls away.

You lose all pre-occupation with self.

The world is pre-occupied with self, and thus, not with God.

A pre-occupation with self, is a pre-occupation with the world.

When you realize where EVERYTHING comes from, self falls away.

God is all that matters, just as Jesus taught all of us.

If you wish to drink from the "cup of the LORD", you can only sup at His table.

God's Laws are unbending, as it ought to be.

We deviate from that, and it costs us our soul.

God knew my heart when I sought to find my "soil" and "soul".

He knew I was seeking Him.

And, in the seeking, was the FINDING. 

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; 
seek, and ye shall find; 
knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; 
and he that seeketh findeth; 
and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Matthew 7:7-8 
King James Version


Last of all, seek God with a child-like heart.

That was what I was doing right, too.

Perhaps, it was really the core of my being, anyway.

Looking upon things in a child-like, trusting, playful, adventuresome way.

You know how kids are -- without guile.

They ask the first things on their mind.

That's exactly what God likes.

In your search for God, lay your heart bare (even as He already knows everything about you).

Leave no stone unturned (He knew that about me).

And be persistent, and true to your search.

In the process (for it will be a PROCESS), expect your life to radically change, in ways you cannot imagine now.

But the fact that you're searching, only means you're ready for that radical change.

Gather your gear, which is nothing but your heart, and seek God then!

And may your resolve be so strong, you'll seek Him NOW!


Updated 21 January 2022