Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Strength in Jesus

Prayer to JESUS
Where do you wish
to take this heart of mine
that has YOU in it?

I'm just beginning to know Jesus.

Since I became a born-again Christian nearly 11 months ago, I'm beginning to know the LORD.

He has showed up in my dreams at least several times, decades ago.

In those dreams, He was the golden light filling the doorway, the Jesus in place of the emerald tabernacle at my favorite church, the landlord, and the path that I have "walked before".

Strange that last one.

I still haven't decoded that first dream.

But I think He had been keeping an eye on me, and once, I saw the LORD in my dream, His hands outstretched by his sides, looking at me, saying nothing.

But He also showed me how it was to be for me in another dream, where precariously narrow steps led up to a second-floor doorway, filled with golden light.

Those steps were so narrow, you can only put one foot in front of the other, one at a time, with the steps cantilevered from the wall.

Try imagining that as you go up the stairs.

There was only the wall to the left, with the white dove painted on it, the narrow, wooden steps attached to the wall, and that doorway filled with light.

There was no railing for support.

That dream was decades ago, and true enough, my life reflected all the challenges that came with those almost impossible stairs.

The Lord also showed me many dreams and images of what is to happen, what is happening, and my role in it.

How do I know these things were of Christ?

Well, I had not bought into the world, thus, the many challenges.

19 If ye were of the world, 
the world would love his own: 
but because ye are not of the world, 
but I have chosen you out of the world, 
therefore the world hateth you.

John 15:19 
King James Version


Fortunately, my father taught me well, how not to sell out, how to endure, how to have fortitude.

Of course, God chose my parents, for they will be teaching me as I grew up.

Every circumstance of my life was perfectly-designed by God, for teaching, learning, wisdom, and correction.

He also knew I had a cheerful heart.

I taught myself to look at the brighter, funnier side of life when things looked bleak.

Perhaps, that's His God gene in me.

Of course, that gene got more pronounced as I got older, most especially when I became a born-again Christian in the fall of last year.

I just wish I turned to Him when I was in pain during my earlier years, not knowing where to turn to.

In those days, I had no idea.

No one told me the beautiful things about God, that I finally learned through the Holy Spirit in September 2019.

God waits for us to go to Him for our pain. 

Only God can cure our pain, for it is not just pain of the body, the heart, the mind, but also the soul, and the spirit.

That's what God does.

He allows suffering, so your soul will wake up.

He doesn't enjoy that we suffer.

There is no vindictive bone in God's body.

24 God is a Spirit: 
and they that worship him 
must worship him in spirit 
and in truth.

John 4:24 
King James Version


It is our ignorance and stubbornness that gets us into trouble.

And when you finally embrace Christ in full, as born again, prepare yourself for God's TRUTH, through the Holy Spirit.

Would I live my life all over again, the same way, knowing what I know now?

Is there any other life that would have taught me so much, so long, and so lasting?

Is there any other life that has tested the mettle of my spirit, and my love and devotion to God, my family, and my work, despite my many imperfections and errors?

This is the life I was given.

I take it.

I accept it.

I thank God for it.

It is a beautiful life created for God.

May I live up to His expectations.

He created me, as He created you -- in Their image and likeness.

God doesn't make mistakes.

We do.

And yet, in His divine mercy, He sent us His SON Jesus, He sent us the Holy SPIRIT to teach us, and He's always there for us.

I believe all that to be true.

The WORD of God -- Scripture -- tells me so.

And the dreams and images He gave me, told me so, too.

I feel the love, and the protection.

One day, I'll be able to tell you more.

For now, I live the life I'm given, I follow the path of Jesus, I listen to the Holy Spirit, and I love God even more.

How can this life be anything but beautiful!


Updated 21 January 2022