Sunday, September 20, 2020

The Ideal Way of Life

 

1 Blessed is the man 

that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, 

nor standeth in the way of sinners, 

nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; 

and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, 

that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; 

his leaf also shall not wither; 

and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Psalm 1:1-3 

King James Version


What would be the ideal way of life for you?

Only you can answer that.

And only God would know what your real answers are.

You answer to the LORD alone.

For myself, since I've committed my life to Jesus, I found that a simple life -- simpler than I already have been living -- works for me.

The only objective, being to be able to focus completely on the Lord.

Fortunately, I've always been a person who can sit quietly, alone, for hours on end, not looking to occupy myself with things of the world.

My whole life seems to be cut out for simplicity, solitude, and study.

God also gave me a life filled with myriad challenges, which have taught me much.

I chose to let it teach me, and I must say it's a wonderful feeling to "reverse" thinking.

Where it would break other people, I chose that it teach me instead.

You have to believe in something GREATER than yourself, so you can keep going.

And I always sought the SUPERLATIVE -- the greatest.

Who better than to focus on GOD, the mighty, and powerful God of my childhood, and practically all my life!

God trained my heart, mind, body, and spirit to serve Him, even as errors from the past had to be brought to His Son, Jesus, for forgiveness.

But peace reigns in my heart now, more than ever.

A person used to solitude, and thinking independently of others, doesn't need much to live on.

And when you serve Christ, aiming to follow His Will, making sure you get things right, the joy is immeasurable.

It is not difficult to follow Christ, for throughout my life, I've questioned the nonsensical demands of the world.

I would often question its ways, and wonder how people could live comfortably, and refuse to see the plight of their less fortunate brothers and sisters.

Because of my love for low-cost housing, I researched on alternative ways of building homes for people in my country.

A lady lawmaker was even ready to fund my ideas for her province, but I suppose, I wasn't ready then.

What I do have are ideas, and research.

And perhaps, I have the heart to fulfill those, at a time God chooses, and in a manner He sees fit.

But no sooner.

Had I been ready then, I would have poured my whole life into it.

But God knew I still had much to learn in life, and the lessons continued.

Somehow, I knew that I would teach.

I knew that I would also write.

I was always cut out for both.

God also created me to teach and write differently.

He knew I liked to simplify things, for I didn't believe in wasting other people's time, nor confusing people.

I had respect for the intelligence of people.

I also knew I would not get rich, in the worldly sense of the word.

I questioned too much.

I was not a "player", who would follow blindly.

Perhaps, you are the same?

Are you the type to question the "system"?

I'm glad.

God likes people who set out for TRUTH.

God likes people who care.

I know that if we all took it upon our hearts to love each other, with God in our hearts, there would be no hunger, poverty, misery, and crime.

When I became a follower of Jesus last year, all my thoughts and feelings were further reinforced, that the fallen one has really made sure people forgot God.

This enemy of Christ made sure people were distracted with material things, and that their hearts, minds, bodies, and spirits were distorted -- and farthest away from God.

But Jesus is the LIGHT of the world.

When your heart awakens, you will surely seek HIM.

And when you find Him, you will forever be changed.

You will know how to live, how to love, how to serve, how to worship, how to pray.

The Holy Spirit of God will show you everything you need to know, in order to survive in this fallen world.

You will be mocked, tested, doubted, maybe even impoverished, but keep strong.

The LORD has your back.

Better than that, He's got your heart, and you have HIS.

That's the ideal way to live.


Related articles:

"What a JUST Society Ought to Be"

"Seek NOT wealth"


Updated 21 January 2022