Saturday, September 12, 2020

What it Means to WORK for Jesus


30 He must increase, 
but I must decrease.

John 3:30 
King James Version


When I first became a born-again Christian last year, and I learned* of that verse above, I knew that was my "flagship" verse -- the one carrying the "Commander" of my "fleet".

The fleet was my soul.

It was going to be rough seas.

Of course, JESUS was my Commander.

Somehow -- maybe because I searched for it so long -- the moment I knew Jesus was my COMMANDER, my soul instinctively knew what to do.

I shrugged off the talons that previously tried to latch upon my heart, that which made sure I wouldn't find Jesus, or even seek the Lord.

I threw away all the esoteric books of my previous research; I started reading Genesis, the Four Gospels, and Revelation instead.

I made sure Jesus was the only Commander I followed.

I studied the 10 Commandments.

And, of course, I was painfully wrong on so many counts.

Only JESUS could forgive me on all those grievous errors.

Only by the GRACE of God could I be reconciled with God.

In my work, every article written had to be backed by SCRIPTURE, and not like how I did it before, through my own "steam" and energy.

Now, it was ALL Spirit.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, 
and cause you to walk in my statutes, 
and ye shall keep my judgments, 
and do them.

Ezekiel 36:27 
King James Version 

The Holy SPIRIT was a gift from God, tasked to teach us all things. 

In the beginning, GOD gave us everything.

Then, our hard-heartedness caused JESUS to be sent to save us from our sins.

And when Jesus went back to the Father, it's now the Holy SPIRIT which sets everything straight about the TRIUNE God, and everything about Scripture.

It really is the ERA of the Holy SPIRIT now, at this very crucial stage of our lives, where nothing seems to make sense in this world -- where all our souls are at stake.

More than ever, we need the SPIRIT of TRUTH, which is the Holy Spirit of God.

That's what it means to work for JESUS.

You listen to the Holy SPIRIT of God, you become obedient to the LAWS of God, you follow JESUS, and only by GRACE are we saved.

It was never through good works.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; 
and that not of yourselves: 
it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, 
lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9 
King James Version

Working for Jesus means you are obedient to the FATHER, as in the first part of the prayer Jesus taught us: 

2 And he said unto them, 
When ye pray, 
say, 
Our Father which art in heaven, 
Hallowed be thy name. 
Thy kingdom come. 
Thy will be done, 
as in heaven, 
so in earth.

Luke 11:2 
King James Version

All my articles from September 2019, to the present, are all about JESUS now.

You may not be able to imagine the joy and excitement in my heart, at discovering more about the LORD each day, and writing about it.

I couldn't wait to share it all with you.

Some days I write three articles, one after the other.

That's how powerful the Holy SPIRIT is, and I had not seen anything yet.

Well, we did work on 22 books on spiritual warfare in 36 days.

And two more books on Jesus followed.

That was something!

And yet, I never got tired, bored, or confused.

The articles and books just kept coming.

That's how it is to work for Jesus.

Whatever work you may do, I hope you call upon Jesus to help you.

Let the SPIRIT of God shine upon your soul, so you can get things right.

Consider the work you do, sacred.

When you think that, you will call upon God to help you do the best work of your life, if that is really your intention.

The world will be blessed by your work, only if you allow God to work in your heart, to heal you of your ills, to correct whatever errors you may have, and to answer all the questions hovering regarding your heart, mind, body, and spirit.

7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; 
but of power, 
and of love, 
and of a sound mind.

2 Timothy 1:7 
King James Version

When you walk with God, when you follow Jesus, you walk with the Holy SPIRIT.

You will always know what to do.


(Verses by biblegateway.com)

Updated 21 January 2022