Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Why Did God Create Man?

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: 
for the Spirit searcheth all things, 
yea, the deep things of God.
1 Corinthians 2:10 
King James Version


Ever wondered why God created man?

Or why He created you?

Well, the thought occurred in me this morning:

"Why did God create man?"


Knowing God, He planted that thought in my mind.

Perhaps, He felt I was ready for the "deep things of God".

And knowing myself, I immediately went a-searchin'.

And in the searchin', was the findin', and the GREAT joy and jubilation at finding a GOLD mine of TRUTH about GOD!

Aha!

This is the objective of this blog, after all.

To search for God's TRUTH alone.

Thanks to the Holy SPIRIT of God, I found these verses, and the purpose to our existence.

Wow!

Deep indeed!

So, here goes...

God created us for these reasons:

1. For His Glory.
Isaiah 43:7 (KJV)
7 Even every one that is called by my name: 
for I have created him for my glory
I have formed him; 
yea, I have made him.

2. To Praise Him.
Isaiah 43:21 (KJV)
21 This people have I formed for myself; 
they shall shew forth my praise.

3. To Walk in Good Works, Guided By Jesus.
Ephesians 2:10 (KJV)
10 For we are his workmanship, 
created in Christ Jesus unto good works, 
which God hath before ordained 
that we should walk in them.

4. Created By Him, For Him.
Colossians 1:16 (KJV)
16 For by him were all things created, 
that are in heaven, 
and that are in earth, 
visible and invisible
whether they be thrones, 
or dominions, 
or principalities, 
or powers: 
all things were created by him, 
and for him:

5. To Pray to Him.
Jeremiah 29:11-12 (KJV)
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, 
saith the Lord, 
thoughts of peace,
and not of evil, 
to give you an expected end.
12 Then shall ye call upon me, 
and ye shall go and pray unto me, 
and I will hearken unto you.

6. To be His People.
Leviticus 26:12 (KJV)
12 And I will walk among you, 
and will be your God, 
and ye shall be my people.

7. That He May Be All in All.
1 Corinthians 15:27-28 (KJV)
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. 
But when he saith all things are put under him, 
it is manifest that he is excepted, 
which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, 
then shall the Son also himself be subject 
unto him that put all things under him, 
that God may be all in all.

8. To Be Sheep of His Pasture.
Psalm 100:3 (KJV)
3 Know ye that the Lord he is God: 
it is he that hath made us
and not we ourselves; 
we are his people, 
and the sheep of his pasture.

9. To Seek Him.
Acts 17:27 (KJV)
27 That they should seek the Lord
if haply they might feel after him, 
and find him, 
though he be not far from every one of us: 

10. To Love Him.
Matthew 22:37-38 (KJV)
37 Jesus said unto him, 
Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, 
and with all thy soul, 
and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment


Updated 19 February 2022