Monday, September 21, 2020

What the Baby CHRISTIAN Found

 

Martin Luther nailing his "95 Theses

at All Saints' Church in Wittenberg in 1517. 

(Image source: favpng.com)


Cleaning up some stuff at home last year, I "chanced" upon an old social studies book from our high school days, and browsed it. I found something very telling. As is always the case, I "filed" it for a future article or exploration.

Well, the time has come to share it with you now.

I've always liked social studies, for I learned more about the goings-on in the world.

It's always good to look back into history, and see how it had been.

When I became a born-again Christian last year, many wonderful things happened, leading me to God's TRUTH alone, which I sought all my life.

I know that the Holy SPIRIT of God led me to follow Jesus, to find that book, to open that book on that certain spot, at that perfect moment, and now, to share with you.

Of course, I'm no theologian, and surely, this thing I'll share now, is probably old hat to many religious leaders.

But I'm a baby Christian, so new at this, and enjoying my many discoveries.

It's as if God enjoys leading me to my "little" discoveries, which actually make up the WHOLE.

They may be simple discoveries, but for me -- the researcher -- they are PROFOUND, for my heart is not jaded, and I enjoy where God leads me each day.

I think, God likes patience, and perseverance. But let me get back to that discovery now.

A passage in that old high school book was very illuminating.

In comparing Catholics to Protestants, I was intrigued by this statement:

6. "Catholics believe in the Bible, good works, prayers, and church aid in winning salvation. Protestants regard the Bible as man's sole guide to salvation."

"...the Bible as man's sole guide to salvation."


That was the one that really caught my eye, echoing everything I had been learning about being a born-again Christian since I first embraced Christ on 6 September 2019 -- on staying true to the WORD of God -- the BIBLE.

I knew then that I was on the RIGHT track with God.

That book finding also echoed an article I wrote last year, featuring Mike Gendron, a vocal challenger of the ways of the Catholic church.

Please listen to that "Christ Alone" Gendron video to open your heart to the truth of CHRIST and the Bible.

Funny that all these things surfaced early this morning for me.

Of course, that only meant I was tasked to write about it and present to you my findings, based on all you will find here.

If you are a true worshiper of God, you will be led to the teachings of Jesus -- the SON of God -- and you will be guided to everything about Jesus, by the Holy Spirit of God.

That is the process of knowing the TRIUNE God -- God, the FATHER; God, the SON; God, the Holy SPIRIT.

Let it be known the enemies of Christ will do everything to hide, and distort, His TRUE teachings.

These principalities are sly, crafty, cruel, perverted, and completely destructive. You must be awake, and aware, at all times, for they wait to see a weakness in you, an "opening" to infiltrate your faith, with the objective of mocking God, stealing you from Him, destroying your soul, and of course, leading you away from the BIBLE.

Sorry, we Christians look to the Bible as our ONLY source for God's WORD, and God's Word is JESUS.

It's a lost cause for the enemy.

33 These things I have spoken unto you, 

that in me ye might have peace. 

In the world ye shall have tribulation: 

but be of good cheer; 

I have overcome the world.

John 16:33 (King James Version)


Articles on Mike Gendron:

"Mike Gendron's Christ Alone"

"An Urgent Message For Roman Catholics"

"Saved By Grace, Not By Good Works"


Article on Martin Luther

Martin Luther's "95 Theses"

On "Protestantism"